Monday 16 April 2012

A Challenging Weekend!

But in a nice way.  This weekend I joined in with Shimelle's online crop and I had so much fun.

I don't want to bombard you with layouts so I'll just do a couple at a time.  The first challenge was to take some inspiration from a layout by Jaime Warren, here's my take on it:
I used a photo of my brother Jon and sister Jess and created this layout, I used lots of gems scattered around the page and some mists.  A mixture of papers from a Studio Calico kit.

The next challenge was to use papers from three or more collections:
I thought these papers were perfect for the picture of my nephew Oliver and his cousin Ralph.  I used papers from 3 Bugs in a Rug, Basic Grey, American Crafts, Kaiser Craft and My Minds Eye!

I will be back tomorrow with some more layouts, I haven't finished all of the challenges but I will by the end of the week!

Thanks for stopping by
Jo xx

8 comments:

Jo.C said...

Love your shout one - it has worked so well.

Alison said...

Great start Jo..I'm hoping to get a few more done too!
Alison xx

Lou said...

lovely Jo - your paper matches your nephews shirt - perfect!

Emily D. said...

Great layouts! They both are fabulous!!

Sian said...

You got a fabulous mix of papers going there!

I loved your Duncan Goodhew story. We thought we saw him at the seaside once and my Mum wanted to go and talk to him but she chickened out at the last minute

Sandra said...

Loving both of your takes on these challenges Jo.

Jennifer Grace said...

These layouts look fabulous, I love the scattered mist and gems on the first, and the really bright colours on the second. Great takes on the challenges! x

Scattychick said...

They are both great Jo but I do especially love the second one with all the bright colours and patchwork effect x