Tuesday 10 May 2011

What's In a Name?

I've been absent from blog world for a week because I've not been well but now I'm back with some layouts to share with you.  I went to a crop on Saturday and managed one layout in the whole day!  Sunday was a horse of a different colour and I managed another three layouts, all thanks to my bargain, £1 table from the car boot sale!  It's the perfect height for me to scrap at when I'm sitting on the sofa and it's big enough for my trimmer and a 12 x 12 layout.

There is a story behind this layout, it's how Maddie got her name.  Maddie isn't the name on her birth certificate but it's one that's stuck all thanks to my dad.  When she was little he used to call her Little Madam, then he shortened it to Mads and then lengthened it to Maddie.  My dad passed away 3 years ago but I still remember how he used to say it to her, the tone of his voice and the love that was there because it was his pet name for her:
I love this picture of the two of them, taken a couple of years after dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  Although it was tough for everyone at the end, Maddie was lucky enough at the start of his illness to spend the summer holidays in my parent's garden with a grandad who would play any game she wanted, would take her in the pool and had all the time in the world for her.
More important than the time you spend together is the memories you create when you are together.  Even until the very last moment dad knew he was loved, it's never too late to tell someone those three little words so put that on your list of things to do today.

Off now to scrap some more, hope you enjoy your evening.

Jo xx

4 comments:

Alison said...

Lovely post and lovely memories Jo...great LO too..thanks for stopping by my blog!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Just lovely Jo. And so very true.

Heather said...

beautifully said Jo xx

Sandra said...

Jo, this is such a lovely layout - but I also think your blog, is a lovely way to remember such wonderful moments.