Sunday 11 July 2010

Relaxing, Sunny Sunday

I have had such a great weekend, it's been fun, relaxing and hot!

Last weekend I went to a Fourth of July BBQ hosted by some of the girls at the crop.  There were 10 girls from the crop there and would you believe we hardly took any photos! Not sure what happened there, we had plenty of food and drink though.  Here is the one and only picture that I took:
It was on the gate post and my intention was to start as I meant to go on but that just didn't happen.

I did this LO the other day from a sketch on the Twisted Sketches site, the twist was music:

I also twisted the sketch on its side to fit my photos.

I used a song title and music notes as my twist.  The pictures are of my niece and nephew, they're not brother and sister but they always seem to be together.  It's very rare to get a photo of them apart.

I also did the weekly challenge on UKScrappers.  We had to use a sketch, someone relaxing or idle, 7 of something and stamping or stitching.  I'll give you three guess what I used as the idle element of my LO!

The first picture of Maddie on her 16th Birthday!

You can almost see the dribble on her face!  I used 7 brads and sewed the button onto the flower so full points to me!

I went to my monthly crop yesterday and had a great time.  Managed to get 2 LOs done which is good for me, I also bought some dresses which is unheard of for me!  The dresses weren't for sale at the crop but at the Sainsbury's next door (thought I'd clear that up lol).

Today I went to a boot sale with my friend Clare and.....wait for it......Maddie!!! She actually got out of bed and bothered to come with us.  I got some lovely buttons which were attached to a child's top until I got home and snipped them off.  Clare stayed for lunch which was lovely and then I've just been having a nice lazy afternoon before I head back to the office tomorrow. x

No comments: