Friday 10 January 2014

Potato and Leak Soup

Another week, another recipe and yes it's soup again!  I think it's just what's needed for these cold, wet days we're having.  This weeks soup was potato and leek and it was delicious.
You will need:
1 large onion
2 bay leaves
1.2 litres of vegetable stock
700g potatoes
1 large leek
salt and pepper
150g fat free fromage frais
Finely chop the onion and leek and peel and dice the potatoes.
Place the onion and bay leaves in a pan with 150ml of stock and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, leek and remaining stock to the pan and season well.  Bring to the boil before covering and letting it simmer for 25 minutes.
Discard the bay leaves and whizz the mixture up in the food processor.
Return to the pan, add the fromage frais and reheat gently.
Voila, a lovely thick soup that tastes great reheated and is free on Slimming World's Extra Easy plan.

These soups have really been helping me because I lost 3.5lbs this week which means I got rid of the little bit of weight I gained over Christmas and the New Year.

I hope the first full week of the New Year has gone well for you.

Thanks for stopping by
Jo x

8 comments:

yvette said...

Thanks for the recipe Jo, soup is certainly helping during this rotten weather. Well done on your weight loss as well. x

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe Jo. I love soup but always feel like it's not a meal without loads of buttered bread! Got loads of leeks in my veg box this week so will have to give it a go!

furrypig said...

great recipe Jo and well done on that weight loss really impressive!

Jane said...

will definitely be trying this one.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm looks delicious Jo and well done on the weight loss.

Lou said...

my favourite soup and the only one i make regularly x

Sandra said...

Looks yummy and very comforting. Well done on the weight loss xxx

Barbara Eads said...

Ahhh, now I see---leek soup! That's what happens when I'm a little behind in my blog reading! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I might give it a go!