Sunday 20 February 2011

A Scrappy Weekend

I have spent almost the whole weekend scrapping and it's been great after such a busy week at work.  I went to a crop yesterday. I love crop weeks because no matter how bad things are getting you know you're going to get together with the girls at the weekend and chat, giggle, eat, drink, be merry and maybe, just maybe, scrap a little :)

I managed 2 and a half layouts at the crop yesterday so I'm very pleased with myself.  The layouts I'm showing you today though are ones that I completed today just in the nick of time for the Weekly and House Challenges over on UKScrappers (nothing like leaving it to the very last minute!).

The Weekly Challenge was to use at least 3 patterned papers, use multiple photos and use a border punch:
I did a really simple layout using some lovely pictures of Maddie on her first holiday in La Baule when she was just over a year old.  I have been going to La Baule and Le Pouliguen with my family since I was about 3 and we all think it is the greatest place on earth.  It has such a special place in our hearts especially since our dad died because he loved it there so very much.  When Maddie was born I couldn't wait to take her there, it's such a shame because we haven't been back for about 10 years :( 
I used my lovely flower stamp for the first time, I could  sit and cut these flowers out all day and I think they look great on bright colours.

The House Challenge was to use the sketch provided and fabric or fibres: 
More holiday snaps of Maddie, this time in Weymouth.  We went away with my nan and grandad and had a fantastic time, Maddie loved playing on the beach and going in the sea, she would hate it now because her laptop or Blackberry would get wet and sandy! 
I used the gorgeous papers from this months GottaCraft Kit and, as I was cutting it fine, I used fibres to sew this pattern on the bottom of the layout.

Now I have to tidy my craft stuff and get ready for work tomorrow, Mondays come way too quickly!  At least it's half term so I get a little lie in and there's less traffic on the road.

Tonight I hope to dream of La Baule and, if you've never been, you should definitely go!

Hope you've had a great weekend
Jo xx

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Gorgeous LOs Jo, really pretty papers and colours. I like how you've written random words around the polka dots in the Beach Baby LO - it looks great!

akilli melek said...

love your blog Jo, your layouts are fab.

It took me a while to be able to scrap pages about my dad too, but so far they have all been heritage ones. Not brave enough to use the later photos yet.

caroline