Friday 31 January 2014

Beef and Red Wine Casserole

Last week I was so ill with a migraine that I just couldn't bear to be on the computer so I didn't get to post my weekly recipe, I did cook something though.  I made a gorgeous beef and red wine casserole, just what the doctor ordered in this horrible weather!
You will need:
800g lean beef
4 garlic cloves
4 large carrots
3 large leeks
4 celery sticks
800ml beef stock
100ml red win
400g can of chopped tomatoes with herbs
1 bay leaf
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
Peel and crush the garlic, peel and chop the carrots in to large chunks, thickly slice the leeks and celery and cut the beef into bite-sized pieces.
Although the recipe said put all the ingredients into a casserole dish and put it in the over for 3 hours I decided against that and put it all in the slow cooker instead :)
And it was lovely, you can't see how lovely it was because after smelling it cooking all day I ate it before I took a photo of the finished product!

The leftovers went in the food processor and made a lovely soup ;)

I hope you enjoy this one if you give it a go.

Have a great weekend
Jo xx

6 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I don't eat red meat, as you know, but I think my family would enjoy this.

Alison said...

Sounds lovely!
Alison xx

My not so simple life said...

ohhhh looks yum :)

Sian said...

I hope the head has been easier this week.

This looks delicious. I'm a big fan of the slow cooker - and I especially like the way the smell can be enjoyed all day

Lou said...

Hope you are feeling better. I make something similar to your receipe..without the leaks..might just use them next time x

Sandra said...

Any recipe for my slow cooker is a plus for me