Tuesday 20 July 2010

Only Tuesday!

I feel like I've done a full week at work already and it's only Tuesday!  Just two days left though because I'm off on Friday to see the Crown Jewels, hope the rain doesn't hit then!

I managed to get a couple of layouts done at the weekend.  This one was for the UKScrapper house challenge.  You had to use seven photos and a technique you had never used on a layout before:
A nice busy layout to remind me of the very busy day we had searching for elephants in London.  The new technique I used was to machine sew.  Never done it before because I could never be bothered to unpack the sewing machine for just a small thing but I'm so glad I did.  The red flowery frame is stitched and if you look very closely you can just about see it!

I loved hand cutting the flowers and layering them on.

The second layout was a Twisted Sketch, which I twisted on its side,  the required twist was red so I think I got that covered!

Right now I am sitting in front of the fan wondering if I am hungry enough to move away from the cool air to get some dinner! lol x

1 comment:

Sian said...

I'm loving your elephant page :) We are just back from camping, with a couple of days in London at the end and I can't believe I didn't take pictures of the elephants. That's a scrapping opportunity missed lol.