Tuesday 17 April 2012

More Challenges

I'm back with another two layouts that I created while taking part in Shimelle's online crop this weekend.

Challenge 3 was to "mix it up", to try a style that you like but don't normally use.  I took my inspiration from Sandra aka Mrs Gotta Craft.  I am lucky enough to crop with Sandra at least 3 times a month and I really like her style.  If you sit too close to her you'll end up covered in paper dust from where she's tearing and filing and I thought I'd give it a go:
I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it still has the layering that I love so much.

Challenge 4 was to use yellow, grey and another colour of your choice.  I chose blue as it is my favourite colour, although I don't normally have much success scrapping with blue!
Another layout that I'm pleased with though and just look at that dirty face!

I'm going to try and do another layout tonight while I celebrate my car passing its MOT and get over the near death experience I had at work today when a full, four drawer, filing cabinet toppled over just millimetres from me!

I hope you have a good evening
Jo xx

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Ooo I do like your 'Sandra' style layout. All that distressing really suits you! I'm having a job to decide what to do with this particular challenge. The photo in your second layout is so cute!!

Congrats on the MOT but phew to your filing cabinet experience :-0

Sarah said...

Two lovely layouts!! Love the layering & distressing on the 1st and such a cute pic on the 2nd! Hope you're ok after your fright with the cabinet!! xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely layouts but I love the first one best. You so rocked the 'Sandra style'.

Lorna said...

Glad you survived the horrific work accident.

I love your layouts. I did the yellow /grey one last night ( with red) Im loving all the different combinations.

I love the first one best too.

Lorna said...

Glad you survived the horrific work accident.

I love your layouts. I did the yellow /grey one last night ( with red) Im loving all the different combinations.

I love the first one best too.

Jennifer Grace said...

The challenge 3 layout looks so pretty, well done for trying out the shabby-chic style! The blue looks really good with the yellow and grey too. Beautiful layouts! x

Scattychick said...

Both brilliant Jo I may have a go at some of these challenges too :)

Sian said...

Oer! That does sound a bit scary! Actually, a lot scary..

You can really work that distressing. You and Sandra will be having to bring the hoover to clear up the dust :) Really lovely stuff

Alison said...

You really rocked the distressing..love that page! Glad you survived the work incident!
Alison xx

Allycat x said...

Two more gorgeous LOs! And phew to the filing cabinet!!! X

Cynthia said...

I love your layouts! Beautiful distressing on the first--love that shabby chic look! And nice, clean lines on the second. And I'm so glad you escaped the file drawer mishap--I used to work in an office full of those and I know how quickly they can fall over. Very scary.